Skip to main content

General Driving Regulations In France When Travelling On French Roads

Now whether you are Driving a motorhome Vacationing with a caravan or travelling through France in your car there are a few points which you need to consider making your vacation in France go. Before I start driving In France can be a fantastic experience you will never forget getting to see some of the towns and villages, but I have put together tips and a few hints to keep you out of trouble! First and the One that is most obvious, is that in most countries every passenger should wear a seatbelt. But it is illegal for a child under the age of 10 to be in the passenger seat.

Truck Toll

Additionally, You must Carry your driving license with you at all times and nowadays it a good idea to have one of the driving licenses. It is suggested to upgrade this into a license or get an International Driving Permit, Should you have one of those green design driving licenses.

Documents When Driving In France

You must carry The V5 car log book, the MOT certificate if this is applicable and of course a legal certificate of motor insurance, but please remember that even if you have Comprehensive cover on your policy you might just be insured Third Party in unless you update your insurance plan. Also on your Accidents do happen and this would not ever be needed, although group needs to have the new European Health Insurance Card! When it travelling With pets you have to have the ability to prove that not only do they have a passport, but their injections are up to date, but this is changing in Jan 2012.

Another idea that is Great Vrachtwagen tol berekenen, Despite the fact that the original documents are necessary, I’d advise taking photocopies of all of them including your passports and credit cards, then keep a copy in your home, preferably with a relative you could contact in a crisis and another copy with you in a secure location, and different to the originals, just in case anything gets lost or stolen.

Equipping your Car

Next is to have a GB Sticker on another on the caravan and also your automobile or trailer if you are towing.

Also it is a Legal requirement to have the following on your car:

  • Emergency triangle, Although if towing 2 or 3 are needed in certain EU states.
  • Reflective safety jackets for each passenger.
  • Fire extinguisher.
  • First aid kit.
  • Replacement bulb kit (s).
  • Spare wheel.
  • Replacement fuses.
  • Extending Mirrors if towing a caravan.

A law that I have Heard about is that from June, July time 2012, you will have to carry your breathalyzer testing kit when in France, but you might have to look at this as regulations do change